Home Back Next
April 1987 - 1988
Commander: Joseph Carsley
Senior Vice Commander: Walter Manecke
Junior Vice Commander: James Deiwert
- The Post was mustered in on 12 April 1987 with 30 members. The installation of new Post Officers was by Surgeon Robert Joyce, Department of Pacific Areas and Chaplin Joe Richardson, Department of Pacific Areas. Appendix (a) contains a list of charter members.
- The initial Post meeting was held at American Legion Post 123 and after that at various locations in and around Angeles City and Clark Air Base.
- On 14 April, members of the Post attended a Memorial Service at the Anderson Death Camp Mass Grave located at the Navy Relay Facility, Capas, Tarlac. This was the first official function attended by the Post.
- In May, the Post operated a booth at the Clark Air Base “Happening on the Green”. The booth sold hot dogs, soft drinks and distributed VFW material and member applications.
- On 9 December, the Clark Air Base Commander approved the Post Constitution and Bylaws thereby allowing the Post to hold meetings on Clark Air Base.