Home Back Next
1989 - 1990
Senior Vice Commander: Paul Morganthal/William Nelson
Junior Vice Commander: William Nelson/Eugene Hermann
- The Post received a Department Certificate of Commendation “ for special recognition for participation in Americanism, Buddy Poppy, Safety, Youth and Community Activities Programs.”
- A Children’s Operation Fund was placed under the control of the Post. This Fund provides operations for children of the poor and needy in and around the Angeles City area. The Fund was originally started by Comrades Robert Zaher and Clifford Wilsey in 1985 and by 1989 had evolved into a group called the “Good Samaritans”. Money for this fund is generated through raffles, bake sales, car washes and donations. Ten operations were performed this year.
- In November a lighted VFW sign on a supporting pole was installed at the front entrance of the Post Home.
- Junior Vice Commander Eugene Hermann attended the Veterans Day Ceremony at the Camp O’Donnell Monument.
- Comrade Edward Lyons was presented the National VFW Quartermaster of the Year Award.
- In May, the Post honored its first Voice of Democracy winner, William Ward, age 15.
- In May, the Post operated a booth at the Clark Air Base “Happening on the Green”. The booth sold hot dogs, soft drinks and distributed VFW material and member applications.
- In May, Commander Tom Elliott, Department of the Pacific Areas dedicated the Post Colors.
- The Post conducted Buddy Poppy sales at the Clark Air Base Exchange on Memorial and Veterans Day.
- The Post supported Mt Arayat Shrine Oasis their Shrine Crippled Children Program.