Home Back Next
1990 - 1991
Commander: Eugene Hermann
Senior Vice Commander: William Nelson
Junior Vice Commander: Ernest Audet
Membership at the end of the 1990 calendar year: 73, including 23 Life Members
- The Post received a plaque from the Clark Air Base Chief’s Group for “Outstanding Support to the Military Community”.
- The Post received a Commendation from the National Fleet Reserve Association Americanism- Patriotism Committee. The commendation was sponsored by FRA Branch 367, San Antonio, Republic of the Philippines.
- The Post received a Letter of Appreciation from Department Commander Luther W. Harmon for support given him during the June Convention.
- In May, the Post operated a booth at the Clark Air Base “Happening on the Green”. The booth sold hot dogs, soft drinks and distributed VFW material and member applications.
- The Post designated as National VFW All American Post and Commander Eugene Hermann designated at All American Post Commander. This was the initial All American status for the Post.
- The Post achieved status as a National Streamer Post.
- Commander Eugene Hermann presented a red/white/blue VFW hat as recognition for being designated as an All American Post Commander.
- In June, Mount Pinatubo erupted. The Post Home suffered severe damage from lahar and water, the Post Canteen was closed temporarily. Commander Eugene Hermann deeming the building unsafe and beyond repair, distributed all stock and furniture, and closed the Post.
- On 19 June, incoming Commander Robert Zaher provided a working party to clean the lahar from the roof and entranceway of the Post Home. Some of the membership did not think the building could be saved.
- Fifteen operations were performed by the Children’s Operation Fund.