Home Back Next
1992 - 1993
Commander: Robert Zaher
Senior Vice Commander: Ernest Audet
Junior Vice Commander: Edward Lyons
Membership at the end of the 1992 calendar year: 290, including 133 Life Members
- Commander Robert Zaher presented a red/white/blue VFW hat as recognition for being designated as an All American Post Commander.
- Commander Robert Zaher and Comrade Clifford Wilsey designated as National Recruiting Aide-De-Camps (recruiting over 50 members).
- The Post received a Letter of Appreciation for support given to the visit of Commander Robert W. Joyce, Department of Pacific Areas.
- On 11 November, the Post hosted the Veterans Day Observation at the Clark Cemetery, which was followed by a picnic at the Post Home.
- In December, the Post hosted a Christmas Party for children at the Pearl Buck Foundation Home in Angeles City.
- The Post achieved status as a Banner Year Post.
- Commander Zaher named as Outstanding Department of Pacific Areas Post Commander. He also received a hat for being named an All State Commander.
- The Post achieved status as a National Streamer Post.
- Comrade Paul Morganthal elected as Junior Vice Commander, District VII.
- On 25 April, the Post supported the Returned & Services League (RSL) in their ANZAC Day Observance at the Clark Cemetery.
- The Post designated as National VFW All American Post and Commander Robert Zaher designated at All American Post Commander. This was the second consecutive year that the Post and Commander Zaher have attained All American status.
- The Post coordinated the Memorial Day Ceremony at the Clark Cemetery, which was followed by a picnic at the Post Home.
- In June, the Post hosted the 27th Anniversary Department of Pacific Areas Convention and the 24th Grand Scratch, MOC. This was the first Department of the Pacific Areas Convention to be held in the Philippines.
- Until June the Post had been in VFW District One. District VII was created in the Philippines, consisting of Post 2585, Post 11447 and Post 9892.
- Fifteen operations were performed by the Children’s Operation Fund.