Home Back Next
1994 - 1995
Commander: Edward Lyons
Senior Vice Commander: Michael DeSare
Junior Vice Commander: Kenneth Schaefer
Membership at the end of the 1994 calendar year: 439, including 308 Life Members
- In August, Comrade Jerry Prinz was presented a Certificate of Appreciation for his three years as the Post Canteen Manager.
- In September, the Post awarded Life Memberships to Comrades Kenneth Olsen, Geoffrey Spicer, Thomas King and Robert Webster.
- The contract for the kitchen expired in October and the Post decided it would began operations under VFW management.
- In October, the Post removed lahar and cleaned the street on which Post is located.
- In November, Post 11447 organized a clean-up crew from Veterans organizations in Barrio Barretto to assist in clean-up at the cemetery.
- On 11 November, the Post coordinated the Veterans Day Observation at the Clark Cemetery, which was followed by a picnic at the Post Home
- In November, the Post signed a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with the Clark Development Corporation (CDC) enabling the Post to act as caretaker of the Clark Cemetery. This MOA also permits the resumption of burials for qualified U.S. Veterans, including Philippine Scouts.
- In December, the Post hosted a Christmas Party for children at the Pearl Buck Foundation Home in Angeles City.
- In February, the Post awarded a Life Membership to Comrade J.L. Stucky.
- In March, a storage building was constructed and a well dug at the cemetery.
- In March, Life Memberships were awarded to Comrades Ronald L. Cluff and Robert Kucharyski.
- In April, a Life Membership was awarded to Comrade Thomas L. Covert.
- On 25 April, the Post supported the Returned & Services League (RSL) in their ANZAC Day Observance at the Clark Cemetery.
- Comrade Paul Morganthal elected Commander, District VII.
- A patio in back and Post Canteen kitchen extension were constructed.
- The Post designated as National VFW All American Post and Commander Edward Lyons designated at All American Post Commander.
- Military Order of the Cooties, Pinatubo Pup Tent 15 was chartered 29 May 1995. There were 21 charter members. Appendix (b) contains a list of Pup Tent 15 Charter Members.
- Comrade Paul Morganthal elected to position of Commander, District VII
- In May, the Post provided support to American Legion Post 123 in the observation of Memorial Day at the Clark Cemetery.
- Commander Lyons presented red/white/blue hat as recognition of the Post being designated All American.
- In June, the Post hosted the 29th Anniversary Department of Pacific Areas Convention and the 26th Grand Scratch, MOC
- Comrade Joseph Carsley elected to position of Commander, Department of Pacific Areas,
- Comrade Robert Zaher elected to position of Junior Vice Commander, Department of Pacific Areas, then assumed position of Senior Vice Commander after a resignation.
- Fourteen operations were performed by the Children’s Operation Fund.
- The Post continued to provide grounds maintenance and burial assistance at the Clark Cemetery.