Home Back Next
1995 - 1996
Commander: Kenneth Schaefer
Senior Vice Commander: Michael DeSare
Junior Vice Commander: Willie Carter
Post membership at the end of the 1995 calendar year: 544, including 426 Life Members
Pinatubo Pup Tent 15 membership at the end of the 1995 calendar year: 21
- The Post designated as National VFW All American Post.
- In August, Department Commander Joseph Carsley, Department Senior Vice Commander Robert Zaher and Past Department Commander Ralph Milward were Post delegates to the National VFW Convention in Phoenix.
- Comrade Clifford Wilsey designated as National Recruiting Aide-De-Camp (recruiting over 50 members).
- In October, a Life Memberships were awarded to Comrades Steven Peavey and Martin Kerekes.
- In October the Post participated in the 4th Annual Chili Cook-Off in La Union, winning the Second Runner-Up Award. This event is sponsored by Post 9892.
- APO mail service was established for retirees in the Philippines in October. The Post was designed a mail drop off/pick up point
- On 11 November, the Post coordinated the Veterans Day Observation at the Clark Cemetery, which was followed by a picnic at the Post Home.
- In December, the Post hosted a Christmas Party for children at the Pearl Buck Foundation Home in Angeles City.
- In December, the National VFW awarded the Post a Certificate and Victory Streamer for exceeding 100% in membership.
- National VFW Commander Paul Spera visited the Post on 12 December after attending the Department of Pacific Areas Council of Administration at Post 11447 in Barrio Barretto. He was given a tour of the Clark Cemetery and the Post hosted a Cocktail Party in his honor.
- Five veterans were buried at the Clark Cemetery during the 1995 calendar year.
- On 19 February, U.S. Ambassador to the Philippines John Negroponte, after a wreath laying and tour of the Clark Cemetery attended a buffet luncheon at the Post Home.
- Ambassador Negroponte presented a U.S. Embassy plaque to Comrade Ned Tighe for his “Professionalism, Performance and contributions in the upkeep and care of the Clark Cemetery.”
- In March, the Post purchased uniforms for a Youth Basketball Teams.
- In March, the Post was presented a CPR machine by Post Comrades residing in Hawaii. This enabled the Post Surgeon to conduct CPR training for our members, staff and the local community.
- In April, the Post awarded Life Memberships to Comrades Russell Large and Daniel Yenshaw.
On 25 April, the Post supported the Returned & Services League (RSL) in
their ANZAC Day Observance at the Clark Cemetery.
- The Post conducted VFW grave side burial ceremonies for Jimmy D. Keith, TSGT, USAF (Ret), Robert L. Bell, SP4, USA (Ret) and Robert N. Williams, SFC, USA (Ret) on 27 April.
The Post conducted VFW grave side burial ceremony for Richard P. Ramez, AMS1,
- The Post designated as National VFW All American Post and Commander Kenneth Schaefer designated at All American Post Commander.
- In May the Post provided support to American Legion Post 123 in the annual observation of Memorial Day at the Clark Cemetery.
- The Post conducted VFW grave side burial ceremony for Roy E. Tanner, MSGT, USAF (Ret) on 2 May.
- Commander Kenneth Schaefer presented a red/white/blue hat as recognition of Post being designated All American.
- In June, Past District VII Commander and Post Quartermaster Paul Morganthal was awarded a flashlight for being the National VFW Top Post Quartermaster.
- June 15-21, the Post hosted the 30th Anniversary Department of Pacific Areas Convention and the 27th Grand Scratch, MOC
- Comrade Robert Zaher elected to position of Commander, Department of Pacific Areas.
- The Post received Phase II Department Award for participation and support of National Programs.
- Comrade Rick Nelson was awarded the Department of Pacific Areas, Outstanding Member of the Year Award.
- Fifteen operations were performed by the Children’s Operation Fund.
- The Post continued to provide grounds maintenance and burial assistance at the Clark Cemetery.