1. The following is the VFW Post 2485 Clark Cemetery Report for December.
A. Three U.S. veteran donated 225 man hours working on cemetery projects this month.
(1) Three local hires worked 400 man hours over 17 work days.
(2) The Clark Development Corporation (CDC) contract grass cutters worked three days and their clean up (trash and leaves) crew worked every day crew.
B. Total expenditures for December were (P23,123.00).
C. Flag inventory:
(1) Three sets of new flags
Flags were changed on December 13 and replaced with repaired flags.
D. Burial ceremonies:
(1) Gunter S. Barrios PFC (E-3) U. S. Army, was buried at the Clark Cemetery on Dec 2. Grave side services were conducted by American Legion Post 123.
E. Donations for cemetery maintenance:
(1) VFW Post 9555, Yokota, Japan $500.00
(2) VFW Post 9467, Yokohama, Japan $300.00
F. Cemetery Visitors:
(1) Leslie A. Murry, Vice President, FAME
(2) Robert M. Sears, Treasurer, FAME
(3) Robert W. Blume, Trustee, FAME
(4) Col. Alfred A. Xerez-Burgos (Ret), Trustee, FAME
(5) Robert M. Robbins, Trustee, FAME
(6) Beth Day Romulo, Trustee FAME
(7) Norma A. Almarinez, Coordinator, FAME
(8) Maj. Michael S. Williams, USA, SF, Camp Smith Hawaii
Gwizdak, National VFW Senior Vice Commander
(10) Joe Ridgley, National VFW Quartermaster General
(11) Ray Sisk, Candidate for National JVC from California
(12) Darrell Benken, VFW Supporter from Kansas
(13) Tom Elloitt, Notional VFW Council Member
(14) Frank Sass, Junior Past Department Commander
(15) Richard Keeley, VFW Post 9612
(16) Von Stephens, VFW Post 9467
(1) Info pamphlets for SVC Gwizdak and QM Ridgley
(1) The Pilipino-American Memorial Endowment (FAME), Inc c/o The American Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines, Inc visited the Clark Cemetery on December 1st. After the visit they held the December FAME meeting at the new Post Home attended by Commander Hubbard, the Cemetery Chairman and Maintenance Supervisor Ed. Rubio.
(2) VFW Post 2485 now has a WEB Page. The address is http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Base/4067 . The monthly Cemetery Report will be on the web page and updated each month. ALCON are advised that you can read and print the report from our web page. Unless I am advised that you require a hard copy report by postal, the monthly
mailing will be discontinued after the February report.
(3) ALCON are advised, if you/your organization wish to receive this report via E-Mail, forward address to: [email protected]
(4) As of 31 December 1999, the Grave Diggers membership stands at 427.
Yours in Comradeship,
Chairman, Clark Cemetery Committee
Support this site by joining Going Platinum FREE !!!