following is the VFW Post 2485 Clark Cemetery Report for May 2000.
A. Two U.S. veteran donated 232 man
hours working on cemetery projects this month.
(1) Five local hires worked 792 man hours over 23
(2) The Clark Development Corporation (CDC) contract
grass cutters worked three days and their clean up (trash and leaves) crew worked every day crew.
B. Total expenditures for May were
(P42,042.00). The expenditure sheet for the month is
(1) Six sets of new flags.
(2) Two set repaired flags. Flags were changed May 26.
(1) Antoni A. Pogozelski, SMS E-9, USAF (Ret) was
buried at the Clark Cemetery May 19. Grave side
services were conducted by VFW post 2485.
(2) Orie L. Royse, SGM E-9, USA (Ret) was buried at
the Clark Cemetery May 24. Grave side services were conducted by VFW Post 2485.
(3) William H. Wasley Jr., PV1 E-1, Army-ARNGUS, was
buried at the Clark Cemetery May 24. Grave side services were conducted by VFW Post 2485.
Donations for cemetery maintenance:
(1) Filipino-American Memorial Endowment (FAME)
The American Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines, Inc.
(1) H.E. Thomas C. Hubbard, US Ambassador to the
Philippines and party visited the Cemetery on May 5th.
(2) Hon. Marino Morales, Mayor of Mabalacat.
(3) Hon. Recardo Zalamea, Vice Mayor Angeles City.
(4) Gen. Ronny Benidecto, (PAF Ret), Representing
Clark Development Corp. (CDC)
(5) Col. Edgar Calvo, Commander 600 Air Base Wing,
Clark Air Base.
(6) Dir. Berry Barker, Director U.S. Veterans
(7) L/Col. Allen Crawford, USAF,
(8) Col. Antonio Ty, Dep. Commander, American Legion,
(9) Veteran and Civic Organizations from Angeles
City, Baguio, La Union, and Barrio Barretto.
(1) Cemetery information pamphlets to FAME
and VFW Post 11447.
H.E. Thomas C. Hubbard and
his wife visited the Clark Cemetery on May 5th While on an Economic Zone tour of Clark
The remains of the late Duane
D. Cutshell who was buried at the Clark Cemetery in December 1984 were exhumed May 26 for reburial
in the Family plot at Holy Angle Memorial Park, Angeles City.
Memorial Day Ceremonies were
hosted and conducted by Commander Jerry Bristol of American
Legion Post 123, Angeles City on May 30th. More than one hundred persons were in
attendance representing Veterans and Civic groups from all over the Philippines. Guest speakers
included the Mayor of Mabalacat, Vice Mayor of Angeles City, Director of U.S. Veterans Affairs
Manila, Commander 600th Air Base Wing, Dep. Commander American Legion, Philippine
Department and representatives from CDC, and JUSMAG. After the ceremony a Picnic was hosted by
American Legion Post 123 at their Post Home.
ALCON are advised that if
you/your organization wish to receive this report by E-mail, Send your E-mail address to [email protected].
As of May 31, the Grave Diggers membership stands at
Yours in Comradeship
Chairman, Clark Cemetery Committee
Support this site by joining Going Platinum FREE !!!
Cemetery Financial Report May 2000
All amounts are in Philippine Peso's
|Balance from April||7777.00||7777.00|
|01-May||Headstone Cleaning Material||880.00||5977.00|
|04-May||Headstone Cleaning Material||880.00||1907.00|
|10-May||Headstone Cleaning Material||660.00||21534.00|
|19-May||Headstone Cleaning Material||660.00||19784.00|
|24-May||Digging of Burial Site||1500.00||28283.00|